Saturday, November 14, 2015

Lehigh River (14-Nov-2015)


I set out this morning to retrieve this piece of lumber I found yesterday. I needed to leave early before there were a lot of people on the D&L Trail. I had Penny with me and it would be nearly impossible to carry this out with her when bikes are constantly going by. The inner tube was in a debris pile close by and I grabbed that too. 


The most difficult part of the morning was hauling these item up the steep slope to the trail. Fallen leafs didn't help, but I managed.


The lumber will be given away and used again! I was extremely happy it fit inside my car. 


The inner tube went to the trash. I had seen another one on the shore by the bridge so I went back for that one as well.



Before I grabbed the second tube I did some more searching around and just up river of the bridge. Not much, but still some more stuff taken out. 


Often I see people use these type of floats on the rivers in the area. It is not a real inner tube and should not be used to traverse the river. This is a pool toy, it is meant only for pools. An old truck inner tube can bounce off of rocks with no problem. These easily pop and if you use one especially through whitewater areas you are putting yourself at risk. 


With this in the trash the parking area was starting to fill up. I loaded Penny in the car and we ended our morning trash dash.

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project at: gofundme.com/takingoutthetrash

No comments:

Post a Comment