Thursday, November 26, 2015

Firetower Road (26-Nov-2015)


This access road has a much different look to it since the last time I walked it. No leafs and only spots of green with a couple of the pine species. 


As always a can here a bottle there. Almost all of the items along the trail were new like these. There were two party sites that had some stuff piled up, but nothing really bad. 


With it being Thanksgiving, I do have to say that I am thankful that this vernal pool has remained trash free since I removed a large pile of rubber insulators from it in June. If you are interested in seeing what this looked like at the start of the year look for my post from June 1st.


I have passed this flag many times before. This time it had a beer can wedged between it and the tree and holes in the edge of the flag showed it had been peppered with shot. This became the second flag I have removed from the woods this year. This one will be disposed of properly. 


Can you see the reason this is called Firetower Road? 


There just isn't enough time in a day anymore. I did set out later today after having a nice Thanksgiving lunch with family, but it just seemed like as soon as I started walking the sun started its rapid decent. 


This could have been a dogs favorite toy. Its owner just left it behind.


Even after walking this site a half a dozen times collecting trash I still find old items that I have just missed prior. This can was down a small side trail I hadn't taken before. 


Over a full bag by the end of this excursion. A quick sweep of the parking lot at the end topped off the bag. Lots of beer bottles and I did take a lot of glass items out of this location, something I normally don't do. I am really hoping none of the bottles break by the time my next recycling day comes around. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project at: gofundme.com/takingoutthetrash

No comments:

Post a Comment