Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Beltzville State Park (25-Nov-2015)


Back to the same section of Beltzville I was at on Sunday. I haven't yet contacted the main office, going to wait until after this week and the holiday is over. As a result I stuck to mostly recyclables and covered much more ground than I did over the weekend. 


Cans and bottles, same old thing. The majority of the trash in this area is between the lake and the trail in really thick brush and thorns. I had to leave a lot of it there on this trip, just like Sunday. Had Penny along again and I can't take here through some of these areas. She does not do well with thorns.


I do not know what kind of bird made this nest, but I can tell you it is not made out of all natural materials. I think it might be rarer now to find a nest that doesn't have any garbage in it, I am sure that is species dependent though. 


This was odd. There was a large section next to the lake where the brush has been cleared out and all of the lower branches on the trees had been cut. On many of the cut smaller branches these shotgun shells were placed over the ends. There were several more trees that had the same thing.


How does industrial strength cleaner get out to a place like this? 


Getting back to the car the sun was dropping towards the horizon and I got to see this wonderful sunset over the lake. 


A full bag was removed. The contents in front of the bag was just what I had put in my backpack at the start. I was planning on just filling my pack and not an entire trash bag. I know when I go back for non-recyclables I will fill several more. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project at: gofundme.com/takingoutthetrash

No comments:

Post a Comment